Do you want to tag someone on an Instagram story and new posts? In this article, you’ll learn how to tag or mention someone on Instagram stories and posts. It is available on Instagram to share or mention the stories and posts to other friends, partners, and families. It’s a good idea to tag or mention the individual in question if your post includes a photo or video of them. Viewers can then click on their profile to learn more about them or, if they wish, follow them.
You may also wish to tag someone if the stuff you’re posting is relevant to them in some way. They will be notified that they have been tagged, ensuring that they do not miss out.
What Happen to Tag Someone on Instagram?
When someone mentions you in their tale, your username appears in the story, and anyone who sees it can tap it to access your profile. Only your approved followers can view your posts if your account is set to private.
Your name isn’t featured in any of the stories you’re referenced in, and your tagged photographs don’t show up on your profile. Keep in mind that unless they’ve added those tales as highlights, photographs, and videos submitted to someone’s story will disappear from their followers’ feeds after 24 hours.
However; Tagging, or the act of attaching a specific label to a post, photo, video, or story on Instagram, occurs when a person groups it with other content that uses the same label. Individuals and businesses can use tags to broaden the reach of a message or photo on Instagram. Users can utilize tags to find content such as photographs and movies that they might not have seen otherwise. In Instagram contests, tags are also employed. As a result, tags and hashtags are widely used on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
How to Tag Someone on Instagram Story on Android
You want to tag someone on your story on Instagram. Follow this post to learn step-by-step how to mention or tag other people on your Instagram story.
1. Open your Instagram app and go to your new story option on Instagram.
2. Tap on the (Aa) will open the new pane and select the Sticker icon on the top page.
3. Search the @MENTION and tap them.
4. Now tap the user wanted to tag in the story.
Note: You’ll use the shortcut (@)on the story page or type the (@) on the page after that write the name of the person.
5. The second way to tag someone is by tapping the text icon in the top right corner and then typing @, followed by a username.
6. Now tap on the Share button and Done to put your story on Instagram. To add more tags, simply repeat the above steps.
How to Mention or Tag the person on your new Posts
You may have seen people tagging other accounts when they post, whether that’s to identify who exactly is in the picture or to get someone’s attention.
- Go to the Instagram app and tap the Plus sign (+) icon and select the new post.
- Before posting a new Instagram post to your profile, go to the caption field on the new post/ Share tap.
- On this page tap on the Tag people.
- Now a list of the suggested user will appear. Tap the user you want to tag from the list or search for a specific user using the search field.
5. Finish posting your photo or video post. You’ll see a tag icon appear in the bottom left corner of your published post, which you and anyone else can tap to see the tags.
Note: If you want to undo a tag from a photo post preview, tap the tagged username and then tap the X to its right. To undo a tag on a video post preview, tap the X beside the tagged user.
Finally; In this guide, you study how to tag or mention the other people in your story and post.