Do you want to use the screen mirroring or DeX Wireless feature on your Windows 11 Laptop? So, in order to use these features, you must add the Wireless Display feature to your Windows 11 system. So, in this Windows 11 guide, we’re going to show how to add and install the wireless display on Windows 11 computers.
You may project pictures, online information, and more from a compatible computer or mobile device onto a TV or projection screen using wireless display technology. You’ll need a wireless display adapter for this, which is a quick and easy alternative to using a wired connection like an MHL cable.
MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) cables are identical to HDMI cables, but they connect to your mobile device, such as a smartphone. The most significant change is the size and form of the “head” that connects to your device. An HDMI cable is longer than an MHL cable.
The technique of sending data from one device to another presenting device via a wireless network is known as screen mirroring. It will mostly be utilized by businesses and educational institutions to exhibit their photographs, data, and videos.
You may effortlessly stream multimedia material from your smartphone to your TV if both devices (such as a smartphone and a TV) support screen mirroring technology. You may also project your Windows 10 PC screen to another compatible device utilizing this technology. However, you must first install “Wireless Display” on your PC.
How to Add and Install Wireless Display in Windows 11
So, here are the steps to install the Wireless Display feature in Windows 11:
1. Press Windows+I to open Settings instantly.
2. Navigate to Apps > Optional features.
3. On the next screen, click View features.
4. On the Add an optional feature window, look for Wireless Display. Once found, check the box next to it and click Next.
5. Click to Install to add the Wireless Display feature on your computer.
6. Now, wait for a while. As you can see in the screenshot below, the Wireless Display feature is successfully installed.
Uninstall Wireless Display in Windows 11
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Apps > Optional features.
- Now, on the Installed features windows, look for Wireless Display. Click the drop-down menu next to it and select Uninstall.
So this is how you can add and install the Wireless display feature in Windows 11. As we said earlier that in order to screen mirror and project you need to install Wireless Display.