If you want to download and install kali Linux on the virtual machine on windows 11 and Windows 10? meanwhile; working on the same operating system, Kali Linux, are security job for officers and hackers. This operating system has a sizable collection of security and hacking apps by default. Install Kali Linux on VMware Workstation on a hard drive if you use Windows and wish to have Linux in addition to Windows. Although dual-booting Windows and Kali Linux will consume a lot of resources, feel free to do so; nobody is here to criticize you.
What is Kali Linux?
A Debian-based Linux operating system is Kali Linux. For network analysts and penetration testers, it is a specialized operating system. Being pre-installed with so many tools makes Kali become a Swiss army knife for ethical hackers. Kali Linux positions itself as the more advanced successor to Backtrack, which included many programs that served the same function. It also claims to be more testing-centric.
For sophisticated penetration testing and security auditing, the Kali Linux distribution is primarily employed. For diverse information security activities like penetration testing, security research, computer forensics, and reverse engineering, Kali comes with a sizable variety of tools. It has more than 600 preconfigured penetration-testing programs. Every software program has a unique set of features and applications. Kali Linux does an excellent job of classifying these critical programs as follows:
- Password Attacks
- Stress Testing
- Web Applications
- Exploitation Tools
- Maintaining Access
- Information Gathering
- Vulnerability Analysis
- Wireless Attacks
- Reverse Engineering
- Reporting Tools
- Hardware Hacking
- Sniffing & Spoofing
How to Install Kali Linux on VMware Workstation Pro on Windows 11 Laptop
The instructions for installing Kali Linux on a VMware workstation on a Windows 11 desktop or laptop are provided below. However, you must confirm that your hardware is compatible before beginning the installation procedure. On i386, amd64, and ARM (ARMEL and ARMHF) platforms, Kali runs. These are the hardware specifications:
- A minimum of 20 GB of disk space is required for the Kali Linux installation.
- RAM for i386 and amd64 architectures, a minimum of 1 GB (recommended 2 GB or more).
Step1#. Enable Virtualization on your Windows 11 PC
Before proceeding with the other steps, you must first ensure that virtualization is enabled on your Windows 11 PC. Otherwise, the warning “Can’t start a session on the virtual machine” will be shown.
Step2#. Install VMware Workstation on Windows 11 Laptop
The x64 editions of Windows and Linux support the hosted hypervisor VMware Workstation Pro. It allows users to create virtual machines (VMs) and run them simultaneously with the host machine on a single physical machine. Up until the 2015 release of VMware Workstation 12, VMware Workstation Pro was known as VMware Workstation.
Step3#. Download Kali Linux on VMware
The Kali Linux ISO image is not required to install Kali Linux on VMware Workstation Pro or Player. because the Kali Linux team has a preconfigured copy of the operating system available on their official website. The only thing left to do is download Kali Linux, which is designed exclusively for VMware Workstation Pro or Player.
1. Chick Kali Linux.
2. Select the (Virtual Machine) option and this will you to the section where download links are given.
3. You may now select to download either a 32-bit or 64-bit version. Select the download button, then click. An OVA image can be imported into VirtualBox by using this to download it.
4. Click on the VMware (64-bit).
Step 4#. Install Kali Linux on VMware Workstation Pro on Windows 11
So, here you want to install Kali Linux on the virtual machine on your Laptop.
- Open the VMware Workstation.
- All we need to do is import Kali Linux into VMware Workstation Pro or Player because it is already installed. In order to find the extracted Kali Linux, click open a virtual machine on the home page.
- It’s time to launch Kali Linux on the virtual machine. However, before turning it on, you can see that the description includes the login information. You can see that kali is both the user name and the password. Click Power On the virtual machine when you are ready.
Finally; There was a time when we had to use the ISO image within the Virtual Machine to accomplish a clean installation of Kali Linux. Today, however, it is not necessary to utilize the ISO image to set up Kali Linux in a virtual machine alongside Windows. I’m not saying you can’t; you can install, but it takes time, therefore it’s best to download the Kali Linux that comes preloaded from their official website.