When you set a password on any folder or file then no one can easily access your folder or files. Till now windows 11 does not have a feature to set Passwords on Files and Folders. There are also ways to set passwords on Word, Excel excess, and PowerPoint to be saved on your computers. If you don’t know to set up folders or files then don’t worry we are here to help you to set Passwords on Files and Folders in Windows 11 computers. With the help of this password protection, you will no longer have to worry about someone accessing your files and that you want to keep a secret. So, There are a number of methods you can use to password-protect folders on your Windows computers. So, In this post, I will show you How to Password Protect Files and Folders in Windows 11.
Method 1. Password Protect Files and Folders in Windows 11 with 7-Zip
1. Turn on your Windows 11 computer and then download the 7-Zip file from here.
2. When it is downloaded then right click on any folder you want to set a password on it then click on Show more options.
3. first click on the 7-Zip option and then click on Add to Archive
4. Select Store from the Compression level and enable the Delete files after the compression option under the Encryption section type any password you want and lastly click on OK.
5. Now, your Password Protect Files and Folders is enabled.
Method 2. Password Protect Microsoft Office Documents in Windows 11
1. Turn on your computer and then open the Office document.
2. So, When an Office document is opened then click on the files option.
3. Go to the Info tab and click on Protect Document and then click on Encrypt with Password.
4. Type any password you want and click on the OK option.
Method 3. Password Protect Drives in Windows 11 with BitLocker Encryption
1. Open the start menu and then search Manage BitLocker and then open it.
2. Now, click on Turn on BitLocker.
3. Select the Save to your Microsoft account option and then click on Next.
4. Select the Encrypt used disk space only (faster and best for new PCs and drives) and click on the Next
5. Now, your Computer will start encrypting the C drive.
Method 4. Password Protect Files and Folders From Other Users on the Same PC
1. Turn on your computer and then open This PC app and then right-click on Folder and then click on Show More option.
2. Click on the Properties option.
3. When the property is open then click on Advanced
4. Enable the Encrypt contents to secure the data and click on OK.
So, We are here to guide you to Password Protect Files and Folders in Windows 11. If you don’t know the method to Password Protect Files and Folders in Windows 11 then don’t be afraid we have an article to solve your problem. So, When your all step is done then you will not face any kind of problem. If you face a problem then type your problem in the comment section.