Do you want to enable the last seen timer on Whatsapp from someone? In this post; you’ll learn how to show or hide the last seen on Whatsapp from a specific person on the Android and IOS phones. Last seen and online indicate whether or not your contacts have used WhatsApp recently.
However; if a contact is online, their device has WhatsApp open in the foreground and is connected to the Internet. It does not, however, imply that the contact has read your message.
The last time the contact used WhatsApp is indicated by this field. You can manage who can see your last seen by changing your privacy settings. Unless they have you saved as a contact or have already messaged you, you may not be able to check someone’s online status. Please be aware that you have no control over who can view your online activity in the settings.
How to Hide the Last Seen on WhatsApp from Specific Person on Android
On Android, turning off the last seen feature is likewise simple. Here’s how to turn this setting on and off quickly.
1. Open WhatsApp on your Android and tap the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of the screen to access the menu
2. From the menu, tap Settings, then tap Account and From the Account screen, tap Privacy.
3. Then tap Last seen. Next, choose My contacts except for your Last Seen setting. This means who person selected doesn’t see the last seen from Whatsapp will be able to view your last seen time.
How to Turn On/Off Last Seen from one Person on iPhone
On the iPhone, turning off the last seen setting is simple. Here’s how to turn this setting on and off quickly.
Note: You won’t be able to see that person’s last seen time if you switch off last seen.
1. Open WhatsApp on your iPhone and go to the bottom of the screen to the Settings icon.
2. From setting, select on the Account and tap to Privacy.
3. Tap Last Seen in the Privacy settings, then choose nobody your Last Seen setting to turn on Last Seen. This means that only a specific individual will be able to see when you were last seen.
How Does WhatsApp Last Seen Setting Work?
WhatsApp defaults to displaying the time you last used the app in the Chats box, such as today at 6:15 PM. If someone starts a chat with you, they’ll be able to see when you last used the app (unless you’re currently online, in which case your status will say online). Even if you turn off the last seen setting, there’s no way to hide your status if you’re online or typing.
However, if you don’t want your last seen time to be shown to your contacts, you can disable this setting temporarily or permanently.