Do want to turn on or enable the lockdown mode on your Samsung Galaxy phone? Lockdown Mode works by blocking all biometric security and voice recognition through Smart Lock or Bixby Voice. The primary PIN, Pattern, or Password is the only way to unlock your Galaxy smartphone after the lockdown has been enabled. All notifications that would typically appear on the Lock Screen are hidden while Lockdown mode is enabled and can only be accessed after unlocking your smartphone. In this explanation, we will show you how to enable lockdown mode on Samsung Galaxy Android 12 and Android 11 phones.
What is Lockdown Mode on Android Phone?
Several of the more practical but less secure methods of unlocking your phone are disabled by Lockdown Mode. While Lockdown mode is activated, the password, pin code, or swipe pattern you choose when configuring your Android phone are the only ways to open the device.
All Bluetooth devices that can unlock your phone are disabled, as well as useful unlock options like biometric thumb or facial recognition. It can only be unlocked via the safest technique, increasing the device’s overall security.
How to Enable Lockdown Mode on Samsung Galaxy
To enable the lockdown mode on your phone, you only need to select the Power button options menu. Some older Samsung Galaxy phones may not have the Lockdown option within their Power Options menu.
1. Go to the Setting app on your phone.
2. Scrolling down the setting menu and tap on the Lock screen.
3. From the lock screen menu tap the Secure lock setting.
4. Now, Confirm the password, and tap on Next.
5. Finally, from the Secure lock setting page, enable or turn on the Show Lockdown option.
6. Press and hold the power key on your phone will find the Lockdown option on your Side key Menu and tap them to activate lockdown mode on Android phones.
Note: Lockdown Mode is only available on Galaxy devices operating on Android OS 9.0 (Pie).
If you want to remove it from the side key menu the lockdown option. Setting > Lock screen > Secure lock setting > Disable the Show Lockdown option.
Finally; This article is about How to enable the Lockdown mode on your Samsung Galaxy phones, and add the lockdown mode option on your Side key menu.