Do you want to join with friends or family by the call link sharing on the WhatsApp application? WhatsApp is already the preferred audio and video calling service for many people globally, with a user base of over 2 billion users. More collaboration capabilities are now being developed by the messaging company owned by Meta in advance of the launch of the eagerly anticipated Communities. WhatsApp Call Links, the most recent addition, tries to compete with video conferencing programs like Google Meet or Zoom. WhatsApp now allows you to create and share links for audio and video calls. It will then be simpler to establish and join conference calls since anyone with a WhatsApp account can use the connection at any time. Now, in this guide, we will show you how to create a call link on WhatsApp, it’s a new feature of this app.
However; according to WhatsApp’s support page, Call Links are distinctive URLs with 22-character identifiers that make it simple to connect with people on the messaging service. As you will discover in this post, these links are simple to create, have a longer validity, and may be reused. So stop wasting time and start becoming familiar with this new WhatsApp function.
First, you have to update WhatsApp on your Android device. This can be done from the Play Store app. Just search for WhatsApp and tap the Update button. Once it has been updated, you can start with the following steps to create your WhatsApp call link:
1. Open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
2. Tap Calls from the menu at the top or swipe to the right and it will take you to the Calls tab.
3. Now, tap on the Create call link; This option can be found only if you are using the latest version of WhatsApp.
4. When you tap on the Create Call Link option, the app will automatically generate a new video call link by default. You can, however, select the Call type (Video or Voice) from the option under the link.
5. There are three ways to share a WhatsApp Call Link with friends or family after you’ve established one. Simply copy the link, share it with a contact using WhatsApp, or choose Share link to send it by email, Instagram, Discord, or another platform.
Users only need to tap on a shared video or audio call link to join the call on WhatsApp once they’ve shared it. Users will even notice a Join call button next to the link in the discussion if you shared it over WhatsApp. You can join the call by tapping Join on the calling screen after tapping the button. Yes, it is that simple.
Information Before Using Call Links
Before creating WhatsApp Call Links to share with friends and family, there are a few things you should understand about this new tool. The requirements for using this functionality are as follows:
- Call Links are only supported on Android and iOS at the moment. You can read about using Call Links on the desktop or the web in the dedicated section below.
- WhatsApp Call Links have a 90-day validity and will expire if they remain unused for this duration. This means two things – one, you can reuse links to connect with friends at a later date, and second, you cannot delete the links manually.
- While users cannot delete these links, WhatsApp can revoke them for security and privacy reasons. However, remember that these video and audio calls remain end-to-end encrypted.
- Anyone with the link can join the call, so only share the same with trusted individuals. Blocked users cannot join the call. However, if you are not careful, this could turn into a privacy nightmare for you.
Finally, this article is all about how to share and create call links on the WhatsApp app and join meetings with friends or other people in the world. Also, how to join or leave the live meetings.